ST STEPHENS ANGLICAN CHURCH BELROSE
Student Minister Position
St Stephens is a vibrant, welcoming community of Christians who look to God through the Bible - God's word - for instruction, and to the Holy Spirit as God’s presence to strengthen and guide us in our service of Jesus. We believe that faith in Jesus Christ affects all areas of our daily life and experience, as we realise with great joy that God has sent his one and only son to die on a cross to bring us forgiveness of our sins, peace with God, and new life. We hope that the output of our faith in Jesus is our love, our service to others and the transformation of people’s lives for Christ in our local area and beyond! We are an evangelical Anglican church within the Diocese of Sydney.
St Stephens Anglican Church Belrose is seeking a student minister who wants to be trained in leadership and church ministry in an suburban environment. The position will require at least the same level of commitment expected from one of our core members in the church (i.e. leading a ministry).
2. Main Responsibilities
• Leadership of a Ministry Team (e.g. any one of the music team, prayer team, hosting team, Kids, RAW Youth, Christianity Explored, one to one discipleship, leadership training, connect group leading, newcomer follow-up, etc.)
• Participation in one of the three Sunday services; fortnightly staff meeting.
• Deep love for Jesus and a strong commitment to seeing lives changed by the good news of Jesus through prayer and the word of God.
• Growing competence in teaching the Bible simply and clearly.
• Clear, humble and an engaging leadership style, calling people to make sacrifices for the cause of Christ.
• A willingness to work alongside others in a team and under the Senior Minister.
• Experience in identifying, training, establishing and supporting leaders and/or leaders of leaders in a range of contexts (private meetings, small groups and public gatherings).
• Musical ability
4. Hours per Week, Remuneration and Application Details
The student minister position will be for 1.5 days per week.
The student minister will be renumerated at the diocesan student rate and will be fully reimbursed for all church conferences and ministry expenses.
5. Safe Ministry Requirements and Faithfulness in Service
Candidates need to have up to date safe ministry training (see https://safeministry.training/onlinetraining- information for more). Candidates must also have read and agree to comply fully with the ‘Faithfulness in Service’ document for clergy and church workers. Download here at https://safeministry.org.au/faithfulness-in-service-code-of-conduct/
For expressions of interest, please include your resume along with a personal statement about your life and ministry. This should be sent directly to our Senior Minister, Andrew Paterson, at email@example.com . Check us out at www.ststephens.net.au.