Global Interaction exists to see vibrant faith communities following Jesus in their own distinctive ways. We are an international, intercultural mission organisation of the Australian Baptist movement in which we actively send out intercultural workers around the world; to live among communities, to build relationships and share the Good news of Jesus.
We are currently seeking to appoint a Next Generation Specialist. This is a 2-year term contract role with the possibility of an extension on the completion of the 2nd year, the role will be part time, 3-4 days per week.
The requirements of the role will play a key part in our exciting, yet challenging change journey. The newly created Next Generation Specialist role will suit a person sharing this passion for engaging children, youth and young adults in intercultural mission. The Next Generation Specialist will be responsible for assisting state teams, intercultural workers and Baptist churches to see the vision above become reality.
Your outstanding communication and self-motivational skills are a vital part of this role; along with an understanding of who we are and what our Mission is. These are key requirements to secure this excellent opportunity to work within a team of people who are dedicated to the support of our organisation’s vision and teams across the globe.
Our national office is based in Melbourne, a desirable but not essential attribute would be to be based in a different state to the national office (QLD, NSW, ACT, NT, SA, WA, or TAS).
· Evaluate current next generation engagement practices, design improvement strategies and implement changes
· Facilitate programs and pathways for intercultural mission engagement
· Work closely with State Leaders and Mission Mobilisers around Australia to assist them and their teams in engaging with Next Generation ministry
· Build and nurture a team of volunteers to engage with young people around the country
· Foster strategic relationships with Next Gen leaders within the Baptist movement
· Keep abreast of research and trends in Next Gen issues and encourage the organisation to be responsive
· Alignment with our vision, mission, and values
· A strong team player and people person
· A strategic thinker, able to prioritise and plan tasks
· Able to manage multiple projects, highly organised
· Excellent communication skills
All applications are to be received by Monday, 6th December 2021 and are to include a cover letter and a detailed CV. Please email them directly to Nithya Glen (firstname.lastname@example.org).
For further information please contact Nithya Glen, People Coordinator for a confidential discussion at the National Office on 03 9819 4944 .
For more information on Global Interaction, please visit our website @ www.globalinteraction.org.au