We are looking for a passionate leader with a heart for teenagers, to work alongside our Youth Pastor to lead our youth ministry for the next 12 months. The Intern would work closely with the existing Youth leadership team to run our Friday Night Youth programs, and our wider ministry programs focused on reaching teenagers in the local community.
The suitable candidate will be involved in:
· Administering and planning weekly youth group on Friday nights.
· Developing and maintaining effective relationships with teenagers from church, and around the community for the purposes of sharing Christ and encouraging the believers.
· Helping to manage and coordinate outreach programs for evangelism and discipleship, including, local skate park ministry, camps, and Bible study sessions.
· Training and recruiting volunteers for youth leadership.
· Providing care to youths and helping to nurture their spiritual growth.
· Coordinating with parents of youth group members regarding their children’s involvement and participation in the church.
· Empowering teenagers to develop into mature followers of Jesus with a heart to serve.
· Involvement in our Sunday Parkside Teens program.
The successful applicant must have a personal relationship with Christ and a servant heart. The applicant must also be committed to maintaining a moral and spiritual lifestyle according to Scripture, and supports the beliefs, core values, and vision of Parkside Church. A theological background is not mandatory, but preferred.
This internship is perfect for a college/university student still in training with a desire to broaden their ministry skills. There may be opportunities for further employment beyond the 12 months, depending on your suitability and giftings in other areas of church life.
Remuneration will be negotiated depending on availability. You must be available to work on Fridays 12 PM -10 PM, and Sunday’s 9 AM- 1 PM. The other hours can be spaced out throughout the week, depending on your other commitments.
Please note: We are also looking for a Children’s Ministry Intern (paid) to work alongside the Leader of our Children’s Ministries, our Kids Church Leader, and our volunteers in teaching our children, and helping with outreach events. PLEASE SEE PAID CHILDREN’S MINISTRY INTERN ADVERSTISMENT FOR MORE DETAILS.
If you feel you are gifted in both Youth and Children’s Ministries, and would like to apply for both positions, then these two positions could be combined into one position. Remuneration and hours can be negotiated.
To apply, please contact Matt Le Claire on 0425 209 783 or Jason Jeremiah on 0425 416 200. Or, email email@example.com