OVERVIEW OF POSITION
The Children’s Ministry Intern at Parkside (Baptist) Church is a great opportunity to get first-hand knowledge and experience in the field of Children’s Ministry! The intern will work alongside the Leader of our Children’s Ministries, our Kids Church Leader, and our volunteers in teaching our children, and helping with outreach events.
· Has and maintains a vital and growing personal walk with the Lord.
· Is committed to maintaining a moral and spiritual lifestyle according to Scripture.
· Supports the beliefs, core values, and vision of Parkside Church.
· Has a passion to reach and disciple children and is willing to support parents in their role of making their home a discipleship centre.
· Experience in working with children, preferably in a ministry or church environment.
· Is willing to work in harmony with ministers, support staff, and volunteer ministry leaders.
· Has good organisation skills and can be flexible.
· Has good communication skills with parents of children.
· Can work on multiple tasks, is adaptable, and hard working.
· Competent in using social media to promote and advertise our Children’s Ministries.
· Must pass a Working with Children’s Check and Criminal background check.
· Education: High School Graduate. Working toward a Bible College or University Diploma/Degree is preferable.
· Help lead our Wonderland Kids Church Ministry – using ‘The Gospel Project’ material.
· Prepare Kids Church Lessons – using ‘The Gospel Project’ material.
· Assist in the co-ordination of our Wonderland teachers and volunteers.
· Help lead and run our Friday afternoon Weekly Kids Club.
· Work as an integral member of the leadership team for special events (e.g. Christmas and Easter Kids Performances), and our annual Holiday Kids Club.
· 12-month period
· Available on Friday afternoons, Sunday mornings, and the July School Holidays.
· Mentoring with experienced church leaders and staff, with regular performance reviews.
· Remuneration will be negotiated depending on availability.
Please note: We are also looking for a Youth Ministry Intern (paid) who is passionate about reaching and discipling teenagers and can work alongside our Youth Pastor to lead our youth ministry for the next 12 months. The Intern would work closely with the existing youth leadership team to run our Friday Night Youth programs, and our wider ministry programs focused on reaching teenagers in the local community. PLEASE SEE PAID YOUTH MINISTRY INTERNSHIP ADVERSTISMENT FOR MORE DETAILS.
If you feel you are gifted in both Youth and Children’s Ministries and would like to apply for both positions, then these two positions could be combined into one position. Remuneration and Hours can be negotiated.
PARKSIDE CHURCH 717 Smithfield Road, Edensor Park NSW 2176
P (02) 9823 4727 // E email@example.com // www.parksidechurch.com.au