General Counsellor and School Counsellor
Location: South West Sydney
Categories: Counsellors, Case Management
- Are you passionate about supporting the well-being of children and young people?
- Are you passionate about serving and supporting the community?
- Join our warm, friendly and supportive culture!
As a Christian organisation with a heritage of service spanning 160 years, we exist to serve our community, enrich life and share the love of Jesus. Combining our resources and expertise enables us to work even more effectively to meet changing needs as we reach and serve more people at all stages of life.
To find out more please visit: www.anglicare.org.au
About the role:
This is a new temporary, part time position with Anglicare and a great opportunity to really make a difference in the lives of children in our schools. In this role of the School Counsellor you will be supporting and assisting schools to better understand and manage student mental health and improve outcomes and wellbeing for our students. You will be an integral part of a school’s pastoral care support and will provide counselling and group work with students, and liaise with families, school staff and external resources to ensure the best outcome for students.
Key Responsibilities (not limited to):
- Provide individual counselling and group work in a school setting
- Liaise and work collaboratively with parents
- Maintain well written case notes
- Complete reports or other documentation as required or requested
- Conduct classroom observations if needed to inform the counselling process.
- Liaise with staff including well-being coordinators and well-being team and teachers around referrals
- Liaise with other staff as appropriate to the role
- Collaborate with the other Anglicare school counsellor/s around referrals and ongoing work with students
- Attend relevant staff meetings
- Participate in relevant staff activities
- Participate in school events related to the role such as RUOK day and other mental health initiatives
- Work within school processes including sign in, student client management systems
- Tertiary qualifications in Social work, Psychology or Counselling is essential
- Training and clinical experience in counselling children and young people
- Well-developed written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work independently and as a team member
- Previous demonstrated experience in assessment and counselling
- Effective time management and organizational skills
- Membership, of appropriate professional body (AASW, APS or organizations registered with PACFA).
Current NSW Drivers Licence
- Ability to support and promote the Christian Mission and Values of Anglicare
To find out more about this opportunity, please email the recruitment team at firstname.lastname@example.org
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander candidates are encouraged to apply
Anglicare - Jesus Christ honoured, lives enriched, and communities strengthened
Anglicare is committed to ensuring the safety and wellbeing of children and young people and has zero tolerance of child abuse.
Applicants are encouraged to apply as soon as possible as applications may be reviewed prior to the closing date; and as such the closing date is subject to change without notice.
Advertised: 25 Nov 2021 AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: 02 Dec 2021 AUS Eastern Daylight TimeApplication Link: https://jobs.anglicare.org.au/ci/en/job/501774/counsellor-campbelltown-and-illawarra