Chaplain - Health - Sutherland Hospital
Work type: Permanent Part-Time
Location: Sutherland Shire
Chaplain - Health – Sutherland Hospital
- Part-time - Sutherland Hospital
- Rewarding Opportunity - Health Chaplaincy
- Compassionate Person - Make a Genuine Difference
We are seeking to employ a caring and Christ centered Health Chaplain competent in pastoral ministry and compelled to make a difference in the lives of our staff, patients, and relatives at Sutherland Hospital.
Sutherland Hospital and Health Services is part of the Sydney Sutherland Shire Local Health District. The hospital’s areas of special expertise also include cancer services, critical care, cardiothoracic surgery, mental health services and women’s and children’s health care.
About Anglicare ~ Compassion that transforms...
As a Christian organisation, with a heritage of service spanning 160 years, Anglicare has been serving people in need - providing care to older people and services to the vulnerable.
To find out more visit Anglicare's career page on our website: Anglicare Aged Care & Community Services - Sydney & Surrounds
About the role:
Our Chaplaincy team consists of a number of ordained and non-ordained Anglican ministers. This position is open to applicants who are an ordained Anglican minister or lay minister who are eligible to be licensed by the Archbishop of Sydney as an Anglicare Chaplain.
The successful applicant will have the opportunity to work in a rewarding ministry and make a genuine difference in the lives of others as a Hospital Chaplain working on a part time, 2 days per week basis.
Your commitment to caring for our vulnerable people and a passion for Christ centered ministry.
Your experience in Chaplaincy and passion for sharing the Gospel, will equip you to meet the needs of patients and their families. As an empathetic individual and sound listener who can build rapport, you will collaborate with other hospital chaplains and staff to provide caring and supportive pastoral support to all patients, families and staff at Sutherland Hospital.
Key responsibilities (but not limited to):
- Respond to requests from patients and their relatives and provide meaningful pastoral support.
- Be available to facilitate chapel services within the hospitals as required.
- Cooperate with Chaplains of other denominations and other Faiths in the Hospital Chaplaincy Department.
- Participate in Hospital Chaplaincy Department meetings.
- Be fully engaged with Anglicare Chaplaincy and attend meetings as required.
- Develop supportive relationships with several Anglican parishes.
- Ordained Minister of the Anglican Church of Australia, currently licensed within Diocese of Sydney or eligible to be licensed by the Archbishop or a layperson with the minimum of a three year tertiary qualifications in theology/ministry who is eligible to be licensed by the Archbishop of Sydney
- Minimum of five years ministry experience in a parish or chaplaincy setting.
- Demonstrated competence and experience in pastoral ministry with a range of individuals
- Excellent communication skills and listening skills
- Proven ability to work in a team and autonomously
- Demonstrated ability to lead and work collaboratively with others
- A personal commitment to growth in the Christian faith
- Current and valid driver’s licence and willingness to travel
- Current paid Working with Children’s Check
If you genuinely care about people and share our vision, mission and values, we welcome your application to join us, as we work to see Jesus Christ honoured, lives enriched, and communities strengthened.
To find out more about this opportunity, please email the recruitment team at email@example.com
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander candidates are encouraged to apply
Anglicare - Jesus Christ honoured, lives enriched, and communities strengthened
Anglicare is committed to ensuring the safety and wellbeing of children and young people and has zero tolerance of child abuse
Applicants are encouraged to apply as soon as possible as applications may be reviewed prior to the closing date; closing date is subject to change without notice.
Advertised: 04 Nov 2022 AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: 04 Dec 2022 AUS Eastern Daylight Time