Apply for a Deferred Assessment (DE) B&T
A Deferred Assessment (DE) allows students time to complete assessments after the normal teaching period has ended, where Special Conditions apply, mostly likely in the event of a serious illness or misadventure. The acronym DE highlights that this special condition was historically used for Deferred Exams, although now all types of Assessments can be deferred.
To request a DE for an assignment, please complete the form below. Please note that supporting documentation MUST be attached for your request to be processed. If you need more information about DE or if you have not received a reply within 4 business days for your DE request, please email email@example.com.
Students may apply for a DE if they are unable to:
- complete the requirement of a unit due to Special Circumstances;
- submit an assessment by the due date (where an extension will lapse or is not possible);
- sit an exam during the normal examination period (for rescheduling during the normal exam period, students should contact the Registrar and/or Morling Online if completing an online unit)
- beyond the student’s control; and
- make it impracticable for the student to complete the assessment during the period in which they undertook, or were to undertake the unit
- Requests for a DE must be submitted by completing the online form below
- A DE applications may only be granted if the assessment or exam has not yet been attempted
- It is your responsibility to submit the DE request BEFORE the original due date
- If an assessment is submitted after the due date (either the original due date, or any extension granted, including up to the final DE deadline), the standard daily penalty applies. Please note the assignment will receive zero marks after 14 days after the due date. Where no assessment extension or DE application request has been made and granted, the usual late penalty for failing to complete the assessment will apply
- All relevant supporting documentation (such as medical certificates, letter of support from your pastor counsellor etc. which includes the dates of the circumstances that affected your ability to study) must be included with all applications
- All assignment extensions and DE application request should be made as early as possible