Apply for a Deferred Assessment (DE) B&T
Please use the form below to submit your request for a DE (Deferred Assessment).
You can find further information about DEs in the Student Handbook. Generally DE approvals will be given up to the end of the exam period. Only under significant circumstances will DE approvals be given beyond the exam period.
DEs may only be granted if the assessment or exam has not yet been attempted. It is your responsibility to submit an Application for a Deferred Assessment. Unless an application has been made and DE granted, the usual penalties for failing to complete assessments will apply. Applications for a DE must be made as early as possible.
Students may apply for a Deferred Assessment if they are unable to:
- complete the requirements of a Unit due to Special Circumstances;
- submit an assessment by the due date (where an extension will lapse or is not possible);
- sit an exam during the normal examination period (for rescheduling during the normal exam period students should contact the Registrar and/or Morling Online if completing an Online Unit).
A DE will only be granted where it can be shown that the Special Circumstances that apply:
- are beyond the student’s control; and
- make it impracticable for the student to complete the assessment during the period in which they they undertook, or were to undertake, the Unit.
Supporting documentation must be provided with all applications (such as medical certificates, letters of support from your pastor, counsellor, etc, which include the dates of the circumstances that affected your ability to study).