Morling Email Guidelines
All students are asked to read through and adopt the following guidelines for email etiquette.
- Ensure you are respectful.
- Provide as much detail as possible.
- Re-read your email before you send it.
- Your language should be simple, clear and professional
- Be aware that your lecturer will not be able to respond to you immediately, especially if your lecturer works in a part-time or adjunct position.
- As a guideline, lecturers should respond to your emails within 2 working days.
- Do not expect that lecturers or other Morling Team Members will answer emails on weekends or outside of normal office hours (9am-5pm).
The subject line is designed to provide a summary of the email content. It needs to:
- Include your name (first and family name)
- Be short and specific
Examples of appropriate subject lines:
- STUDENT NAME: Question in relation to Assignment 1 OT501
- STUDENT NAME: Information about enrolment 2016 Sem 2
Before you send, ask yourself
- Am I sending this to the correct person?
- Have I used appropriate language and tone?
- Have I spelled the recipient's name correctly and used the correct title (if necessary)?
- Is the subject line appropriate?
- Have I signed off the email with my name?
Last modified: Thursday, 19 January 2017, 9:23 PM