Apply for an Extension (B&T)
While it is expected that all students will submit their assessments no later than the due date, if unforeseen and unavoidable circumstances mean that they are not able to meet a due date students should apply for an extension. For more extreme cases, a Deferred Assessment (DE) should be applied for (*). More information about the process of application and approval can be found in the Student Handbook.
To request an extension for an assignment, please complete the form below. Please note that supporting documentation (if required) MUST be attached for your request to be processed.
Your application should be responded to within two business days (excluding weekends). If you have not received a reply within 4 business days, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note the following when applying for an assignment extension and DE application:
- Requests for assignment extensions and DE must be submitted by using the online form below;
- Assignment extension and DE applications may only be granted if the assessment or exam has not yet been attempted;
- It is your responsibility to submit the assignment extension or DE request BEFORE the original due date;
- If an assessment is submitted after the due date (either the original due date, or any extension granted, including up to the final DE deadline), the standard daily penalty applies. Please note the assignment will receive zero marks after 14 days after the due date. If there is no assessment extension or DE application request has been made and granted, the usual late penalty for failing to complete the assessment will apply;
- All relevant supporting documentation (such as medical certificates, letter of support from your pastor counsellor etc. which includes the dates of the circumstances that affected your ability to study) must be included with all applications;
- All assignment extensions and DE application request should be made as early as possible
* Deferred Assessments
Please complete a Deferred Assessment (DE) application request if you are applying for more than 1 week’s extension for any assessment that is due in Week 13 or a Study Week.
If an extended due date fall after the Friday of the on-campus exam week each Semester, you should apply for a DE instead.